There are three public roads not owned by Tartan Village in the community which are Mittendorf Lane, Telegraph Road, and Devereaux Circle Drive. These roads are governed/maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Fairfax County Supervisor's Office.
The board, engineer, management company are working with Supervisor McKay's office and VDOT to address improvements and maintenance of the three public roads in the community.
Some of the things being discussed and/or worked on are:
- asphalt roads (potholes, repaving)
- sidewalks (trip hazards, ADA ramps)
- storm inlets along the road
- Signage, such as Stop signs, road signs off Devereux Road
- Traffic calming measures, such as speed humps or signs
- Parking on fire lanes on Devereaux and Mittendorf
- Street Lighting
- Road barrier at the end of Devereux
- "Watch for Children" sign in the entrance area